Thursday, June 23, 2005

STORY TO WATCH NEXT MONTH

STORY TO WATCH NEXT MONTH: City Hall Scandal
Heroin is all over. ... They can be a public employee, a private employee. People are selling heroin right now out on the streets in your neighborhood and any neighborhood in the metropolitan area. -- Mayor Richard Daley, June 9, 2005
A time sheet scam... bribe-paying trucking companies... clout grotesquely misused in hiring... theft city-owned asphalt... an inspector general who ignored thousands of tips about wrongdoing in city government... a veteran city employee heading the Chicago distribution cell of a Colombian heroin-trafficking ring!

I don't have any inside information or anything, but for some reason I feel certain that the story to watch for next month will be yet another in the escalating series of revelations of corruption oozing from Chicago City Hall.

I also admit that I don't know what specifics of the city hall corruption will be -- I'd never have guessed "Columbian heroin-ring" -- but I feel confident that I will not be the only one taken by surprise. No doubt, Mayor Daley will once again be shocked -- SHOCKED -- to find additional corruption taking place under his watch.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive