By now you've got the idea -- Sometimes a political ad can inadvertently reveal more than was intended.
And what does today's NRCC mailer to the 6th District reveal?
It reveals that the Republican party has abandoned any pretense of reaching out to anyone who... well... isn't white.
So the NRCC is scared of immigrants -- or at least wants you to be -- but why?
Clearly it is because immigrants cause the corruption of our culture and language. Just look at this sentence from the mailer:
Surely the NRCC didn't mean to champion the citizenship of "people who play by the rules after breaking the law for years" -- but just writing about immigrants has wiped out their mastery of the English language.
And what about the far west suburban Las Vegas Review Journal's characterization of Maj. Duckworth's "pathway to citizenship" position as "a different term" for amnesty?
Well, her postition is strikingly like the immigration policy proposed by that other notorious liberal -- George W. Bush.
You can't blame the NRCC for trying, though. The Roskam campaign's focus on tax cuts is hard to take seriously when Pork-Barrel Pete has pledged his loyalty to tax-payer funded GOP "earmarks."
But I'm not sure that slinging every Republican turd against the wall to see what sticks is gonna get the job done.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Great Country Performers of Illinois
- Keith Olbermann on Rumsfeld, Fascism and America
- "Uhh... It's About... A Guy... Umm... A Stranger.....
- It's A Small World After All.
- Too Soon... or Too Late?
- Long Live the King!
- All He Can Do Is All He Can Do
- The Sun-Times Provides the Dots, But You'll Have T...
- "So-Called 'Austin Mayor': The Smartest Kid on Ear...
- The Family Business
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire 1963 This just might be...
- Perhaps Surrender Shouldn't Be Our First Move In T...
- NRCC: Taking The Low Road, or "Xenophobia v. The W...
- Attn: Comics Dorks
- Rahm's "Solid and Sensible" Plan
- NRCC's Requiem for the Hyper-Rich
- Full Flyer in its Full-Color Glory
- Separated at Smirk
- You Shouldda Been There
- "They should both be changed regularly, and for th...
- We're Living in the Future
- Good Rockin' Tonight
- Big Brother Roeser is Watching You
- Message Discipline
- Rich Miller: "John Laesch is a Jerk"
- Blago Campaign Jumps the Shark
- "Bump Keying" And this is why I always have a buck...
- "Then As Farce"
- 9.9 Million Reasons To Support a Living Wage
- Obama Will Support Lamont
- What Are You Doing With YOUR Freedom?
- Revealed: RNC Vision of Female 6th District Voters...
- "A Pittance"
- Love is Dead
- I'm No Bravehart
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2005 (555)