Two of Seven Soldiers Who Wrote 'NYT' Op-Ed Die in IraqWould this be a bad time to ask how the Congressional investigation into "friendly fire" death of NFL athlete-turned-Army Ranger-turned Bush critic Pat Tillman is proceeding?
The Op-Ed by seven active duty U.S. soldiers in Iraq questioning the war drew international attention just three weeks ago. Now two of the seven are dead.
Sgt. Omar Mora and Sgt. Yance T. Gray died Monday in a vehicle accident in western Baghdad, two of seven U.S. troops killed in the incident which was reported just as Gen. David Petraeus was about to report to Congress on progress in the "surge." The names have just been released.
Gen. Petraeus was questioned about the message of the op-ed in testimony before a Senate committee yesterday.
The controversial Times column on Aug. 19 was called "The War As We Saw It," and expressed skepticism about American gains in Iraq. “To believe that Americans, with an occupying force that long ago outlived its reluctant welcome, can win over a recalcitrant local population and win this counterinsurgency is far-fetched,” the group wrote.
It closed: "We need not talk about our morale. As committed soldiers, we will see this mission through."
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
American Heroes Killed in Iraq
From Editor and Publisher:
- ► 2008 (244)
- Iraq: It Doesn't Add Up.
- Cat & Girl: I Was A Hater When Hatin' Wasn't Cool
- Big Brother is Reading You
- DC's Master Plan
- The Future of Newspapers in a (Pea)Nut Shell
- Black Kids in a Red County
- Monday Buster
- Tribune Okays Shoe Fetish Cartoon
- Only In Wheaton
- You've Been Warned
- Testy Trib Sacks Fuzzy Nut Crunch Toon
- GOP: If You Got 'Em, Smoke 'Em.
- A New High in Low
- CBC Ya Later, Cruickshank
- A Friendly Reminder About DuPage County's GOP-Only...
- It's Your Choice
- Obama v. Keyes Redux?
- James Fallows: Like George W. Bush? You'll Love Ru...
- Preparing for the Fight in DuPage
- American Heroes Killed in Iraq
- Today Only: Free Printer Cartridge Refill
- George F. Will: The Surge Has Failed
- Rock Out of Iraq
- A Show of Support
- Sparks Fly as Flynt Strikes Again
- Thompson: Not Freddie For Prime Time
- Work is Sometimes Unpleasant -- That's Why They Ca...
- Freddie Thompson's Hollywood Good Looks
- Good News and Bad News
- The Mercurial Mr. Thompson
- The World Needs Another Web Comic
- "God, I Smurfed Waaay Too Much Wine Last Night... ...
- Baby Steps, Man, Baby Steps...
- Candorville: The Cartoon Still Too Good For the Tr...
- Hanrahan Nation
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Republi...
- "And then we saw the bull starting to run after pe...
- ▼ September (38)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)