Pera has less in common with the Lipinski machine than any other contender when it comes to social, economic or foreign policy matters. Pera is more liberal, Lipinski more conservative, on everything from social issues to support for the Iraq war.Find out how you can help Mr. Pera clean Chicago's ethical Augean Stables here.
But more important may be Pera's willingness to buck accepted Chicago political practices. It is he who has most aggressively raised the ethical questions that Dan Lipinski has long needed to answer but apparently just can't.
Questions like how in the world can he justify having had his father, now a lobbyist for the transportation industry, on his payroll as a consultant?
How can he comfortably take campaign contributions from the airline and rail companies that also pay his dad's salary?
And how the heck can he allow his dad's so-called charity, the All American Eagle Fund, which does precious little charity except for needy politicians, pay for work done by Dan's congressional chief of staff?
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
ST's Carol Marin on Mark Pera and The Prince
From your Chicago Sun-Times:
- The Democratic Choice in Black and White
- Well, Gollllly Sgt. Carter -- Army Recruiting More...
- Sophie's Choice in the 6th District
- Dreams of a President Like My Father
- Trib Endorses Obama, Nails Clinton
- Now That's Demagoguery!
- Poetry, Prose, Power, Primaries and Politics
- Historic Endorsement
- Your Primary Homework
- Ch-ch-changes: Rolling Back the Enlightenment (upd...
- Willard "Mitt" Romney: The Genuine Phony
- Playing to the Republican Base
- Attn: DuPage County Employees
- ST's Carol Marin on Mark Pera and The Prince
- SCAM Scoop: Exclusive with UCF Champ Fighter, Matt...
- Achewood Novelty Library, or You Can't Spell "Ache...
- Truly Great Comedy is Timeless
- The State of Newpaper Journalism
- You must look down on the enemy, and take up your ...
- Revealed: The Secrets of Science Fiction's Sillies...
- Transforming a Puny Ant into a Mighty Blue Giant?
- Signs of the End Times
- Next Month's SCAM Book Club Title
- Still Only Fifty Cents!
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)